Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

You're Gonna Miss This

This summer is flying by as I treasure all of the "lasts" that are happening all at once. You know, a few years ago, I thought I would have no trouble leaving all my friends and family and going to any college, whether I knew people there or not. Goes to show you how much can change in just a few years. God has blessed me with incredible friends, Sunday School teachers, family, and just people in general. So, what has happened to change my feelings from a few years ago? Well, for one, I've realized the value of the friendships and relationships that I've had for several years that I thought would be easy to let go. Also, God has strengthened those relationships as well as brought new people into my life with whom I wish I had more time to spend. One thing that God has certainly changed and developed in me throughout my high school years is my desire to pursue relationships with people, opportunities to strengthen and to be strengthened, you know, iron sharpening iron, accountability. I used to think that I could handle life on my own. I was (and to some degree still am) very independent and did not really care about knowing other people deeply and them knowing me. As I've grown in my relationship with God and my knowledge of his Word, I've begun to understand the importance of deep relationships that are rooted in Christ, the kind of friends that talk about Christ and what God is teaching them, the ones who pray for each other and hold each other accountable in their walk. God has blessed me with relationships like these, relationships that I never thought I would want or need, and now I'm leaving these friends in a little over a month. I say leaving; however, I do not mean that these relationships will just end, but going from seeing these friends almost every day of my life to seeing them maybe every other month or so, well, it's gonna be quite different. Moving on from such a strong and close family of faith is going to be tough, but God is showing me that this is a time when he is teaching me to rely on his sufficiency. He is the strength of my heart, my portion forever. What more could I need? I'm trusting that he will provide new friends for me as I go to college, friends that will encourage me in my faith and hold me accountable.

My Sweet Core Group!

Senior Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment