Well, I apologize for not writing for awhile...I've had some serious writer's block. Maybe it's just all the AP studying frying my brain...
One thing I do want to say is that God didn't give us the Bible so we can read it and hope it works for us. When he says through Paul, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, submit your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:6-7)," he means it. DO NOT worry about ANYTHING. It's not a suggestion. It's a command followed by a promise. And it's so true. Let's just say I'm taking AP exam 5 of 6 tomorrow, and I have not had a panic attack yet; honestly, I haven't even come close. In fact, some people have asked me how I'm not insanely stressed. My answer is Jesus. Now, there are certainly more strenuous circumstances in this life, and God certainly grants us peace in those, too; however, I know people that become extremely worried about things even less important than AP exams. That's what is awesome about this promise. God gives us peace in the little and the big in life. I praise God because I have experienced his peace this week through AP exams, in the past through some tough circumstances, and throughout the small stuff in life. I have certainly experienced my share of worry in years past before I turned my worries over to Christ, but God has taught me over the years that prayer and thanksgiving is the surest way to combat and even overcome worry. In the Gospels, Jesus also talks about the trivial nature of worry. It's pointless. All worry does is show that we do not trust God enough to take care of us in the small and big of life. Living a lifestyle of trust in God is about taking concerns to him in prayer rather than stressing ourselves to death. Don't let worry render you ineffective. Take your concerns to God. He will take care of you, and he will give you incomprehensible peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment