Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Birthday Post

I just want to take this opportunity on my birthday to praise God for the 18 years he has given me. He has grown me and transformed me in so many ways throughout the years. I praise him for all of the Godly people he has placed in my life--from family members to Sunday School teachers to youth ministers to teachers to friends, on and on and on. I think the most powerful thing God has used in my life is the influence of other Godly people that challenge me to follow Christ with everything that I am. Thanks to all of you who have made a difference in my life by living out yours for the Gospel. Thank you for letting God use you for his glory.
God has done so many great things in my life throughout the years, and I want him to receive the glory for what he has done. Anything I have accomplished is because of God's work through me. Any academic achievement I've made is because He gave me the ability to learn and think. He gave me a reason to work toward academic success and the perseverance to do so. Any integrity or character you have seen in me is only through the Spirit of God living in me. On my own, I am selfish and prideful. God is daily transforming and softening my old selfish heart into a new selfless one. Any success I have achieved is worthless to me if you credit me for it. I don't deserve recognition, nor do I want it. Matthew 5:16 says, "Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Praise God for any good you have seen in my life because it is God, not me, that does good in me and through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment